Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can't find the boss "Beneath the Stolen lands"

Hi!
    I've been playing a lot lately. I'm doing my 5th run beneath the stolen lands.
    I've defeated the 4 bosses during my 4 previous run, and now I'm supposed to face the final boss.
    Except I am past level 50, and still no boss around.
    I've encountered a few time portals, which I assume leads to the final boss, but I can't take them.

Which is weird. I level 20, with a LOT of stuff, I've done the quests to confront the Big Bad Guy, but he seems to be unreachable.

Did I miss something? Is he even implanted into the game yet?

Well thanks in advance if anyone could held me.

A quick update : I've reached level 75. A gate spawned (again) and yet I couldn't take it (again). The rift is too small says the game (what am I supposed to do with that?)
    The game is simply not funny anymore at this depth : skill check at 57+ DC, enemies with 700+ hp, pits traps that last 5+ mns...

Just... What am I supposed to do?
    I'll try the 100 floor, but I doubt it will change anything. The Spawn doesn't even seems to be accessible.

You need 3 books.

3 books? Care to elaborate a bit?
    I got the following books, are they the correct ones? Bestiary of the tenebrous depths, the Captor's diary and Interview with a weary traveler.

So, how do I get the missing the books? What should I do when I have them?

Thanks
    Last edited by Léorick; 06-13-2019 at 04:49 PM.

You can only find one of the bosses per run. You probably already killed one of them (check your journal). After that, you either play until you die, or retire by leaving the area (north west of the surface map).

Then you start again with a boon from your last run.

There would have been a tutorial window telling you this when you killed that boss, but it doesn't show if you turned them off.

Well in fact I killed all 4 of them. It was my 5th run (retired at floor 120).
    I'm now on my 6th run, and still no final boss in the dungeon. Just the weird portals appearing from time to time.

Well, I'm collecting books, just in case I need those to reach the final boss.
    Last edited by Léorick; 06-13-2019 at 09:28 PM.

I asked one of the devs on the discord, and his response contained SPOILERS.

InanKy: "There are 4 unique bosses. And you need to kill 4 of them. And get 4 unique books."

As I understand it, this is to fight the final boss. I don't know how the books relate to the portals though ;)

The books are a framing device. They tell you the story of what is going on with The Egg. Basically they're keys.

Ok! Thanks guys! It's was driving me insane (kinda role-play uh? ^^)
    Well, back to farming I guess.
    300+ floors on my runs, and I'm not sure I got even 1 of the right book ^^

as far as I know there are only 4 books available to get. So you should have 3? assuming no duplicates

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast