Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberMephit View Post
    I will probably end up buying PoE2 when it comes out (actually, this project made me pick up PoE again in anticipation), but I don't understand the trend to crowdfund sequels. Sure, it made perfect sense for PoE and D:OS since they were a big financial risk, but why do they keep doing that after they (presumably) made a profit on the first games? Smells less like a talent sponsorship and more like a get-rich-quick scheme to me at this point.
    That said, I would totally INVEST in PoE2 if I had a spare 1K. I have invested 10 pounds in Project Cars (this was in the blessed pre-UCITS days) and it has paid me back about 30 pounds by now.
    The RoI on Fig investment is really really bad. I would recommend against it. You can do better just putting that money in a bank account with a reasonable interest rate over the same period of time. In that sense you're really losing money on that investment, even if the game is successful. Especially when you factor in the risk that the game might not be successful.

Define reasonable interest rate? In my bank it's currently 0.03% - A 1K EUR on 2-year deposit will net me 61 cents before tax. And of course any sort of venture/equity investment carries a significant risk, but specifically PoE2 is on a lower end of the curve (barring something like a global Internet crackdown of course, but then it will be the least of problems).
    Last edited by CyberMephit; 07-19-2017 at 09:02 PM.

Here in America, %0.03 is a bit low for a savings account. I have .5% (Mind you, that's a restrictive 10 year account, though).

I think the root question will be how much you liked POE1. If you liked it a lot, then... honestly, it may make sense to go with the known vs the unknown.

If you didn't like it or didn't play it, then that may be a reason to be slightly biased towards Kingmaker, as you're not as much in the middle of the story.

I'd say my expectations on quality between the two games is going to be equally high. Given that POE1 was really quite good (score of 89 on metacritic. http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/pillars-of-eternity even including the mandatory dings for not being an ARPG first-player) and that I expect POE2 to be somewhere in the same quality ballpark, that also means that I have some solid hopes for Kingmaker.

In any case, I'd really just say that you should sell your youngest into slavery to have the time and money to play both!

Both POE and Kingmaker are focussing on different things (or at least emphasising different things in their campaigns). POE seem to be all about "lookie what we can do with 2D hand drawn stuff now! Ain't it pretty!?" wheras Kingmaker seems to be emphasising the characters - that's the main difference anyway. Personally I found POE's world fairly dreary, and the themes were way too inspired by modern day atheism to be very appealing to me. A shared universe with a pantheon of gods sounds much more appealing.

Like PoE 1, i would wait few months for PoE 2 before playing it, making sure patches are already out. For PFK, not sure i would be able to wait...

Quote Originally Posted by chzandglory View Post
    In any case, I'd really just say that you should sell your youngest into slavery to have the time and money to play both!
    I agree
    But my wife will be against it

Quote Originally Posted by Kamigoroshi View Post
    Didn't like much Pillars of Eternity 1. So I'm cautious of getting burnt a second time.
    Yeah I was also severely disappointed with PoE, not interested in purchasing PoE2 unless reviews (both critic and user) are extremely positive.

I'm really looking forward to play Pathfinder: Kingmaker though, my most anticipated game!!

https://www.gog.com/news/predzkaz_bp...y_ii_deadfireb
    I bought it!
    bye Pathnfinder: Kingmaker...
    I'm not sure that I will be bored

Yes it is april 3:rd (release date) but I have a feeling that I have played it enough (if not 100% throught) by the time Pathfinder Kingmaker will be out. (So my choice was "both" + Tyranny addon I just bought today for steam sale)
    "Road to the man's heart go through the chest"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast