Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm glad Larian got BG3, so I can play that AND play the next awesome Owlcat Pathfinder game. Here's hoping for Wrath of the Righteous (never played any of the Pathfinder adventure modules, but the description of that one makes it sound epic).

Truth to be told, I haven't had this much fun with a game for a long time, and it's not purely for nostalgic reasons. Pathfinder really is a good game and also truthful to classic RPG formula.
    DOS, well... It was fun for a time but most definitely no lasting appreciation for it one way or another.
    The only other recent game I enjoyed and still appreciate deeply to these days was the Witcher 3, but that I consider to be in a different genre altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Steppenwolf View Post
    I agree not only Kingmaker is the true spiritual successor to BG/NWN series, but also say it gave me more fun than DA and/or Divinity series.
    Quote Originally Posted by kanisatha View Post
    I hated the D:OS games, so yes I too am very pessimistic about Larian's BG3. And what's already been said in interviews since the reveal only strengthen my feelings that it will be a silly, dumbed-down action game, a D:OS2 remake pretending to be a Baldur's Gate game.
    Quote Originally Posted by ujope View Post
    I don't think that anyone can actually make a "worthy" sequel to the BG series. And that's for the simple reason, that the series came to an end with ToB.
    For me personally the whole series was about the bhalspawn MC and his role in the bhalspawn prophecy. And that was concluded one way or another. What's there left to tell?
    The 3. behind the title is a marketing move. May as well call it "BG: Rise of the Mind Flayers" . Would be probably more fitting as it won't be a sequel to the original series.
    Quote Originally Posted by pakeru@gmail.com View Post
    Truth to be told, I haven't had this much fun with a game for a long time, and it's not purely for nostalgic reasons. Pathfinder really is a good game and also truthful to classic RPG formula.
    Basically sums out my thoughts on Kingmaker and BG"3" :D

To be fair baldurs gate games had a lot of silly stuff to Jan Jansen, Minsc and boo the big metal unit with the golden pantaloons etc.
    Also it's misleading calling it baldur's gate 3 since it's not a sequel i wouldn't think just in the same fantasy realm which is fine as there can always be more stories in a fantasy realm i only hope since it seems like the bbeg is mind flayers they aren't as broken and 1 hit eating your brain like they where in baldurs gate 2

I sorta agree with the sentiment about rather not naming the game "BG3" because to me, the title ties too strongly to past memories. About the prophecy and rise of Bhaalspawn that climaxed with her/him challenging Amelyssan over Bhaal's throne. And then there's also that memory of Minsc and Boo, Jan Jensen with his turnips, Tiax, Keldorn, Imoen and Anomen (which I used a mod to overhaul the heck out of him XD).

Pathfinder sorta feed me to that nostalgia, but felt different at the same time (since Fearun is understandably not Golarion. And being alien to Pathfinder universe, some cultural education was needed XD..) dare say I love the companions written here a bit more (A lot more if it's Tristian, Jubilost and Jaethal XD..). I just wished there is more story adventures to be had with the Queen/King along with their buddies (more companion dialogue is always nice XD)

Anyho.. I'm glad Owlcat made Pathfinder and then another studio making the next BG adventure. More crpg to get my head stuck into, LoL. And if BG ever comes out, I hope I'd get to meet that awsomely chill Beholder again XD I really liked the guy. My hope is to fall in love with the characters in game, both the protag and her/his followers, their stories and settings (which is a mighty tall expectation after Kingmaker)

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetaphysician View Post
    I'm glad Larian got BG3, so I can play that AND play the next awesome Owlcat Pathfinder game. Here's hoping for Wrath of the Righteous (never played any of the Pathfinder adventure modules, but the description of that one makes it sound epic).
    Wrath of the Righteous is a blast to read - it gets a lot out of the already cool topic of demon hunt. But the Paizo forums are full of stories where ambitious players used mythic powers to turn encounters into jokes. Looks like a GM has to be restrictive when allowing mythic powers for PCs - probably Owlcat would have to do the same.

My biggest concern with Larian making BG3 is a quote from a key developer basically saying they're not going to have people swinging and missing because "that would suck". My instinctive reaction was "if you don't want to make a game based on the d20 concept, why the f--k are you taking on the biggest name in the history of D&D CRPG licencing?" I hope they wize up fast, because if it isn't going to play remotely like a PnP D&D game I don't anticipate it going down well with the legions of D&D fans.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12