Missed it by that much, any point continuing or should I just explore?

Made it back to Oleg's Tavern after the stag lord with 59 day's and 6 hours left. So no bonus reward for finishing the task in a month is there any point in going to Restov or should I just use the extra time to wander round the map and explore it some more with my spare 30 odd days?

The only thing you miss is a +2 dueling sword with an additional enchantment that causes it's wielder to take a -5 penalty on attacks vs friendly targets (useful if charmed or confused and forced to attack your friends). It's a nice sword, especially if you have an Aldori Defender or Swordlord character to use it, and it can be sold for a pretty penny if not, but it's not worth going too crazy over otherwise. As far as I know once you miss the 60 day window there are no further penalties to taking your time, so feel free to set out and do some more exploring!

That's what I thought, thanks ok I'll spend 30-40 day's exploring some more of the map and opening up new nodes before I continue on to chapter 2.