Turn Based Mod by @hsinyuhcan

I'm sure most of you are aware that @hsinyuhcan has created a Turn-Based mod for Pathfinder: Kingmaker. The link is below if you haven't checked it out. The second link is for: Showcase, Installation, and Guide. Thank you to the Owlcat for listing all of the mods for Pathfinder: Kingmaker in the Steam forums (That's how I found the Turn-Based mod)

https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinder...ab=description

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg8vNPyl9qA

I personally only purchased Pathfinder: Kingmaker because of the Turn-Based mod, so I wanted to make a post on the developers forum because I believe many of us wanted this feature to start with, and I think going forward if there is going to be a Pathfinder 2 it would make sense to just have a Turn-Based feature from the start.

If you haven't checked this mod out lately then you are missing out on some huge updates. You can check the change-log on Nexus to see all the fixes and additions @hsinyuhcan has made. Just in the few months I have been using it, the mod has been updated with major improvements. He still has it in development mode, but to me it's about ready for an official release.

I find nothing wrong with RTwP and I use it hand in hand with the Turn-Based mod. Nothing is more frustrating than having your party doing everything but what you want them to do. When I want more control I simply click Alt-T ( I have it set to a mouse button) and now I'm in Turn-Based mode, and I can micro manage. Once you have your party where you want them, you simply click Alt-T again, and you are back in RTwP mode.

Lets be honest, because there is a big misconception that when you are playing Turn-Based mode that RTwP is somehow forgotten. It's not, you are still playing RTwP, but instead of hitting the (Pause) button, which is just a half-assed Turn-Based attempt. You get full control over your party. Until the Turn-Based mod was available all you could do was to hit the space-bar and issue your commands and try to move your party where you wanted them, and hope it all worked out, which it rarely does. Now, with the Turn-Based mod you can put your party exactly where you want them and have them do exactly what you wan them to.

Anyways, the mod is incredible, and by far the best mod for Pathfinder: Kingmaker.; Like I sated above, even if you are using the Turn-Based mod, you are still able to easily play in RTwP mode seamlessly, and with better control of the game.

Thank you OwlCat for an amazing game. I'm thoroughly enjoying Pathfinder: Kingmaker. :)

Yes, the turn-based mod has been mentioned many times. It definitely makes using combat tactics much easier (because foes are blocked from responding in real time) but I don't personally think that is an improvement nor would I have been interested in playing a turn-based PK. However the mod itself is flawlessly executed and it's great that those who prefer turn-based can now play PK their way! Best wishes as you go through the game.

Quote Originally Posted by jsaving View Post
    Yes, the turn-based mod has been mentioned many times. It definitely makes using combat tactics much easier (because foes are blocked from responding in real time) but I don't personally think that is an improvement nor would I have been interested in playing a turn-based PK. However the mod itself is flawlessly executed and it's great that those who prefer turn-based can now play PK their way! Best wishes as you go through the game.
    Thank you for your comment. Yeah, I agree, it’s important to allow people to play any game how they choose to play it. And, that is exactly what the Turn-Based mod does. But, like I said above, when you use Turn-based mode, you are still playing RTwP, just instead of hitting pause you are hitting Turn-Based mode, and instead of hoping your party does what you want, they do exactly what you want. And, you can simply leave Turn-Based mode with the click of a button. It’s seamless.

Also, the mod author just announced today on Nexus that he is looking at fixing bugs in the game that the developers haven’t fixed yet. He has already fixed game bugs within the Turn-Based mod, and is now looking to fix those bugs within the RTwP gameplay.

Appreciate the reply though I wouldn't fully agree with your depiction of turn-based combat. Your party will do exactly what you say whether you play RTwP or turn-based. What's different is whether you are guaranteed the *result* you hope to achieve. In turn-based the answer is "yes" because foes are frozen in place throughout your turn (though there are a few exceptions like opportunity attacks). In RTwP the answer is "no" because foes can see what you're doing and then change their own behavior to thwart what you are trying to achieve. So I see turn-based more as an undesirable simplification of RTwP than an improvement over it.

That said, I totally understand people who see turn-based as truer to the tabletop experience or who like the orderliness of having only one character acting at a time. I may not agree but if that's how they want to play the game, I'm glad they can. Plus every PK purchase gets us that much closer to PK2 which is a win for everyone!