Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I mean, I love Owlcat? But Testing prior to release wasn't one of their big successes in Kingmaker. I'm sure that anything that needs testing will get done eventually. but that could be a year after release. So... That makes me worried.

I still want Mythic though.

I would love to see more distinct playable races: dhampirs, geniekin and ratfolk being super high on my list. Also, thriae, but that's rather unlikely all things considered.

I like feeling powerful so bring on the mythic rules.

I'd also like to address the comment about carrying over rules from previous games it might be interesting doing kingdom building as you conquer the worldwound.

what are the mythic rules btw? if i might ask? I'm familiar with dnd rule set from back down to 2e but this game was my first foray into pathfinder. Also that's a nifty idea Senko.

Quote Originally Posted by hallowedblood367@gmail.com View Post
    what are the mythic rules btw? if i might ask? I'm familiar with dnd rule set from back down to 2e but this game was my first foray into pathfinder. Also that's a nifty idea Senko.
    So Mythic rules are Pathfinders answer to Epic. Instead of additional levels after 20, Mythic is a parallel level system of 10 levels which are called tiers that you get for completing Mythic feats. Feats as in tasks. There are six paths that you can follow, each one granting your character a lot of power and the ability to ignore or change certain rules. Letting you do things like go twice in a single round of combat, for instance. The rules are actually kind of complex, but the big thing is that they make your character a lot more powerful than a character of that level would be. And more importantly Mystic rules can be applied to enemies as well. So for instance a crocodile can become a Mythic crocodile and instead of being a challenge for a 3rd level party can be a challenge for a 7th level party.

It also has a whole slew of really fun abilities that are not normally seen like not needing a physical spellbook to memorize spells as a wizard, fly through space, create your own pocket dimension, grant divine spells to your worshipers and my personal favorites not needing to eat/drink/sleep/breathe (multiple abilities there).

ah thank you, that sounds interesting and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Nargemn View Post
    I think I'd be really interested in seeing what Owlcat can do with Mythic Rules. Part of the problem with the tabletop version is it didn't get tested enough before release, and the mythic rules let you do some wild stuff. I think in a video game, they'll have a better opportunity to test it in house and work out what's too strong and what isn't. Plus, having the restrictions that a video game world places on characters means you won't have people derailing things like could happen in Tabletop ("I don't want to be a hero anymore. Let's go take over a kingdom!").
    I would hope they use the fixes recommended by Legendary Games in their Mythic Heroes Handbook.

The mythic rules needed at least one or two more balance passes and more playtesting. Legendary Games did a much better job at this when they published their support material.

I don't allow much 3rd party material at my table, but this I highly recommend.
    Last edited by sumrall.mp@gmail.com; 08-21-2019 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kanisatha View Post
    ...*snip*

Besides this, I want the usual: strong story and characters, character development, roleplaying, multiple ways for accomplishing goals, choices to be meaningful but without punishing you in a silly way.
    This. I totally want this. One of my strong reason of playing rpgs are the pixel friends. I like to see how relationship begin, grow and how they influence one another and all that. Ro/Bro-mance wise.

Aside from that, I want to roleplay as Deliverer of Ragathiel XD.. or meet the dude in person XD

Quote Originally Posted by close2myheart View Post
    This. I totally want this. One of my strong reason of playing rpgs are the pixel friends. I like to see how relationship begin, grow and how they influence one another and all that. Ro/Bro-mance wise.

Aside from that, I want to roleplay as Deliverer of Ragathiel XD.. or meet the dude in person XD
    ah i see your a person of culture, i too enjoy the interplay between relationships and where writing goes.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast