Bug or do I need to kill Rimsiel?

So there's apparently 2 upgrades for the South Narlmarshes one is never going to unlock because of choices in chapter 2 but the other one should be available. According to: https://pathfinderkingmaker.gamepedia.com/Regions the requirements are . . .

The Magic of Candlemere Tower - Clear Candlemere Tower

I've gone over the area thoroughly and the only thing alive there is Rimsiel. I've also completed the curse researches for Candlemere and Tristan to be safe.

So i'm wondering do I have to murder hobo Rimsiels face or is this a bug which will prevent me ever completing the region upgrade for the area as one's not working and the others permanently locked for this game?

That's a very good question which I don't have answer to... but perhaps maybe it will be available in the later chapter? From my knowledge, you are far from done with Candlemere Tower in chapter 2...

I'm in chapter 5 currently. To add more detail I have . . .

Spoiler:

Please no vague hints I really need clear "X" gives "Y" on this so i know if I have a bug or if I'm missing something as right now I can't upgrade that region.

IIRC, I think that invite from Irovetti (Rushlight) is a timed event.

From my last PT I think I left that crazy nethys cleric still chilling about in Candlemere (though I don't think his survival is mandatory).. And I sort of just went adventuring or mess around with my kingdom's business until I got that invitation letter in my throne room.

But this was from a time of an older patch, though.. so take this with a healthy dose of skepticism ^^'

Guides are frequently incorrect for PK so it isn't surprising that playing the game by guide-reading wouldn't get the rewards they say you should receive. Moreover PK has changed quite a bit over time so even a guide that is perfect when written may be woefully out-of-date today. Either way it is not a bug to have the game behave differently then what you read someplace.
    Last edited by jsaving; 09-12-2019 at 06:41 PM.

So the suggestion is to keep playing and hope the candlemere upgrade pops up at some point so I can actually upgrade the South Narlmarsh. Thanks I'll see if i get anything in the future.