Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What Customization options do you want in Future Games?

So, Character Customization is at the core of a great RPG, and Owlcat did pretty well in Kingmaker for the most part, but the one place I wished there had been more time spent was in the actual customization of avatars.

I'm not the only one who wanted more of course. Visual Adjustments over on Nexusmods by Spacehamster has thousands of downloads per month. So here's what I'd like to see in future games:

-The ability to change your Class Outfit to an outfit for any class you have.
    -The ability to Hide Equipment (Backpacks, Hoods, Helmets, Inactive Weapons, etc) I want to be able to see my hair!
    -All Hair colors unlocked for all races (Sure, you don't normally find bright pink hair on a human, but The Player character isn't your average Human!)
    -All Hair Styles unlocked for all Genders (It seems like extra work for less choice, why would anyone do that?)
    -A Height slider and more body types to create a more robust array of character types.
    -More Hairstyles! I hear dreadlocks mentioned a lot on the discord and I'd like to see them, as well as afros, corn-rows, and flat tops. Also long braids and ponytails.
    -More Facial hair Options! (where are my muttonchops and my Dick Dastardly Pencil thing Moustache?)
    -More voices!

Of course, I also want some non-cosmetic customization options too:
    -The ability to grab a Deity (or to not grab a deity) for characters that are not divine casters.
    -Traits! They're a key part of Pathfinder! Please!
    -Area of Origin (I want to be able to come from The Shackles or Varisia!)
    -More Familiars! Rabbits and Ducks and that thing that you're trying very hard to convince us is actually a Lizard are all great! But I want Improved familiars! And Dinosaur familiars (the compsognathus is PFS legal)!

Does anyone else have stuff they want in the new game?

Dreadlocks! Cornrows! Afros!

Re New game

TRAITS!!!
    More prestige classes and preferably dyes for items.
    Shadowdancer, Assassins, and those red bug fellows with the weird ethos.
    whips and Create custom magic item mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratagemini View Post
    Of course, I also want some non-cosmetic customization options too:
    -The ability to grab a Deity (or to not grab a deity) for characters that are not divine casters.
    -Traits! They're a key part of Pathfinder! Please!
    -Area of Origin (I want to be able to come from The Shackles or Varisia!)
    -More Familiars! Rabbits and Ducks and that thing that you're trying very hard to convince us is actually a Lizard are all great! But I want Improved familiars! And Dinosaur familiars (the compsognathus is PFS legal)!
    I absolutely agree with and want all of these things. I like the superficial elements too but have never really seen any of them as deal makers or breakers. It's these non-superficial customization elements that I sooooooo want. And in that spirit, I consider having a large range of classes, archtypes, multiclassing, etc. available as the ultimate form of customization.

The new Pathfinder 2 ruleset eliminates flexible multiclassing so the one thing I absolutely don't want is for PK2 to adopt that rule. More flexibility rather than less should be the goal for PK2.

On the visual suggestions, agree with @stratagemini on all counts. Great ideas there.

Quote Originally Posted by jsaving View Post
    The new Pathfinder 2 ruleset eliminates flexible multiclassing so the one thing I absolutely don't want is for PK2 to adopt that rule. More flexibility rather than less should be the goal for PK2.
    Well, PF2 allows you to sacrifice primary class abilities for other classes' abilities. Good things are that your class progress is not impaired otherwise, you can choose what abilities you actually want and they sometimes scale with level. So it's basically an improved Variant Multiclassing (which got mixed reviews due to missed potential).

Multiclassing in PF1 often means dipping - read: the attempt to get a lot for little investment. You can still do that in PF2, I guess - just figure out the most promising class feats.

There is other multiclassing of course, like following two (or more) careers with equal dedication (think rogue + wizard + arcane trickster) or going crazy with a half-elf with Multitalented Mastery who takes a different class on each level. I am not sure how well the former works in PF2, but I guess the latter one is a dead corner case there.

So overall, in PF2 we lose the freedom to spend levels as we want, but we get the option to flexibly pick up class abilities, including the ones from other classes.

Disagree nearly completely but to each his own, I guess. If PF2's system actually were about even flexibility-wise, which I doubt, then why not let both systems coexist side-by-side and then see which ones players prefer? I wouldn't mind if PK2 went that route, but I don't personally have much interest in PF2 or PK2 taking away options because they think players might be "attempting to get a lot for little investment" because most do that under any system. If there are class features that are too strong for a one-level dip, like the monk's wisdom AC bonus, better to fix the feature (say by going the duelist route of only allowing 1 point of AC per class level) rather than throwing out the system.
    Last edited by jsaving; 09-22-2019 at 05:52 PM.

+1 to all the cosmetics thingies, also the ability to dye wearables and re-naming items.

Aaand my personal laundry list of 'wants' :
    1. The ability to pick a deity/non-deity during character creation (even for non religious class), then have the opportunity to either re-affirm or convert to another faith (well, you can change faith irl, right? Or have your faith grow stronger)
    2. Place of origins (I'm a Lepidstadt graduate wannabe)
    3. Vampire playable race of good alignment (LoL, not sure how this will be doable or make sense) maybe Dhampir, then..
    4. Blowdart, katana, repeating 1h crossbow, whip (or a sword whip like Ivy Valentine's)
    5. Recycle your old gear (re-crafting it by adding other components to make a newer, stronger gear)
    6. You can give 1 useful / practical / meaningful gift to 1 character to show you favour him/her above the rest (could be LI, could be BFF)
    7. Interesting and endearing pixel friends and lovable LIs with engaging storyline. Be it battle buddies or stay-at-base npcs.. How you meet each other and grew together, one influencing the other. Paths crossed and intertwined (after Tristian, I seriously have high expectation)

Small but "important" features thinking for RPG experience like:
    - Choose your deity
    - Traits
    - Zoom for your face + more custom options (like eye color, beard, pierced ears, tattoos and so on, really loved option to choose if you are left or right handed)
    - More options to choose for your PC high and weight (maybe with traits, so you might have giant growth for gnome or so...)
    - Option to choose and CHANGE your "normal" gear, when you sit at your throne troom or go for bar.. ..or go for sleep be it at camp or bed.

- Maybe more depth in your familiar / animal companion like you have with other companions? What I mean is:
    If you are let's say a druid a small "mini game" so to speak or preluge where you are younger and meet (+ tame if we can say so) your animal companion? Naturally ability to name your (animal) companion, train him/her and spend some time with it.

- If you can build / conquer something why not have ability to name it? Small thing but matter for most (some) of us. Yes, you were able to do that for your capital, new settlements and your land.. ..so same again (maybe with smaller scale, like if you buy a castle/house/inn/take a cave or so at next game)

Last but not least: HUGE map of Golarion where you can see ALL the games (Owlcat make for Pathfinder), your stats in there (like save games, when you bought them, are you kickstart backer, did you play it through, what was your nation name and so on) and option to start playing it. Maybe (if we ever get these) option to "put in chain order" some small adventures (modules) or just choose one big Adventure Path. Allso option to create "ready PC's" to choose from (level 1 PC) so you can start playing bit faster (so you do not spend 2+ hour thinking what kind of char you will create this time, then 2+ hour choosing portrait, after starting to create a new PC again based on that cute portrait you just notised and want to use :D )
    Last edited by Pathfinder; 09-26-2019 at 04:41 AM.
    "Road to the man's heart go through the chest"

I love the game as is, i want only a new good story. All that change you suggest are not important to me. I love the character visual as is, i love the creation process as is. If you want to add new archetype ore new prestige class ok no problem but the developer must concentrate on story the core game is good as is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast