[Linux] Pathfinder Kingmaker is causing a GPU hang with AMD RX 5700 XT (Navi)

When running Pathfinder Kingmaker (latest GOG release - 2.0.7b 32440), on current Debian testing Linux, it's causing a GPU hang on startup.

Configuration

GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 XT (AMD Navi).
    Mesa: both Mesa master and 19.2.1.

This is likely due to radneonsi still not addressing various AMD GPU hazards in Navi, though I don't know for sure. I didn't report it to Mesa bug tracker yet, due to currently broken Mesa master build in Debian, but I'll do that as soon as that gets unblocked and I can build most recent Mesa master.

Can you please take a look at this, and also release the version of the game with Vulkan renderer enabled on Linux? Vulkan driver for Navi (radv) is a lot more stable. I tried running the game with Vulkan forced, but your build is missing Vulkan shaders:

[code]
    ./Kingmaker.exe -force-vulkan
    Vulkan detection: 2
    Initialize engine version: 2018.1.0f2 (d4d99f31acba)
    Forcing GfxDevice: Vulkan
    Forced GfxDevice 'Vulkan' was not built from editor, shaders will not be available

(Filename: Line: 593)

PlayerInitEngineGraphics: InitializeEngineGraphics failed
    Failed to initialize player
    [/code]
    Last edited by shmerl; 10-31-2019 at 02:24 AM.

Ping.

Can you please forward this to the developers?

Can you please confirm whether you forwarded this to developers? Total silence doesn't really instill confidence that they even saw the bug report.