Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Well said, kanisatha!

Pen and paper Dungeons & Dragons / Pathfinder has a recommended party size of 4 people for several reasons: It's easier to get this amount of people together than a larger one, rooms and tables have only so much space, less people means more chances for spotlight for the individual player and combat rounds don't take that many rounds.

Most of this doesn't apply in computer games, so upgrading to 6 has several benefits and few drawbacks.

I would get rid of the alignment locks entirely and only have shifts in alignment(and maybe add a change for lawful good choices based on the paladinís deity since, Shelyn for one forbids her followers from attacking on sight without just cause and Sarenrae favors attempting diplomacy and redemption. Maybe allow them more NG choices before an alignment shift since they are following their code a lot of the time with NG choices)

There are too many situations in Kingmaker that had choices that made sense for other alignments, but the choices were completely unavailable when they really should have been.

Such as;
    -remaining neutral with the kobolds and mites(anyone really could simply not want to get involved with that)

-allowing the kobold kingdom(Game had it as only chaotic however Tartuk was willing to be a vassal and not cause trouble. And the other kobolds were largely fine too(the trolls were the main problem and many refused to stop eating people). It also feels extra punishing for Sarenrae followers(which can be paladins and playing as one that isnít is very liekly NG like their deity) specifically to get blocked out from that, especially with the gameís plot tying intoTristianís whole companion quest line and a lot of his dialogue about redemption and giving chances, having to be alive to change for the better.

-ordering the lawful Kesten to come with the player to the capital (regardless of your alignment, the player was the law, and chaotics can command others when in charge and they feel the choice will benefit their kingdom, they could have just make it a lawful choice and shift alignment(and this is ignoring us being unable to raise him too, it was railroading and felt cheap))
    Last edited by Katchelina; 12-04-2019 at 07:17 AM.

I would love to see one of the companions be from the barony/kingdom of Kingmaker!

If the timeline is moved forward (and if it's Wrath of the Righteous, it does take place after Kingmaker), allow importing a completed saved game from PF:K. Based on some of the choices from your completed game, the companion would make reference back to the kingdom. If it was an evil run barony maybe they refer to deciding to pick up and leave to find better opportunities elsewhere, or maybe even fled! If it's a good kingdom, maybe they are inspired by tales of the baron/king and decided to go adventuring. A default kingdom (Shrikewall, I believe?) with Hedwirg as the King would be used if there is no import.

I think a callback, and seeing the kingdom you created in the last game having a presence in the world of Golarion would be outstanding, even if it's only in lines and references in a few dialogues.

My one wish for the next game will be an intelligent item companion!

Senior Member JulietRosalieMelusine's Avatar
    I personally want to see:

mounts
    no level scaling
    no awful management system
    six companion party
    at least more prestige classes and just as much base classes and bit more kits!
    More companions (more than 12)
    less companion story and less obligatory companion stories - I want my bard even if I don't complete her quest
    less cha based build campaign

Since WotR is confirmed, I have to redo my list:

- ability to side with demons and have demon princes as alternative to pickable deities on character creation
    - a choice to destroy the crusade from the inside and outside, respectively
    - more story content for non-good aligned players
    - Evil Companions to counter the various paladins of said AP

Quote Originally Posted by Kamigoroshi View Post
    Since WotR is confirmed, I have to redo my list:

- ability to side with demons and have demon princes as alternative to pickable deities on character creation
    - a choice to destroy the crusade from the inside and outside, respectively
    - more story content for non-good aligned players
    - Evil Companions to counter the various paladins of said AP
    The side with evil thing seems unlikely... But the key art looks like it has a Hellknight on it?

I want to play NG Dhampir on the get go <3

Quote Originally Posted by Stratagemini View Post
    The side with evil thing seems unlikely... But the key art looks like it has a Hellknight on it?
    Not really a fan of Hellknights myself, to be honest. Too law focused and "clean" for my taste. And their appearance in Kingmaker didn't exactly put them in a better light for me either. Now, the chaotic side of evil looks far more interesting as a melting pot. Frankly the only reason why I would ever join the Crusade in the first place is to travel to the Worldwound, striking a pact with powerful demons. Abraxas for instance would be a nice choice for a Witch character.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast