Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 48
  1. #21
    Senior Member HenriHakl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Stellenbosch, South Africa
    Posts
    535
    Asmodeus, and his lawful-evil followers, has a tentative alliance with the forces of good - but is straight-up at war with demons and the forces of chaos in general. I don't see difficulty in justifying (lawful) evil characters acting toward the greater good of Golarion.

    A chaotic-evil character, however, may have a much harder time being justified.

  2. #22
    Well its more like devils have cold war with everyone.

    Like, devil wouldn't seek to defeat demons, they would try to figure out how to manipulate demons as pawns to fulfill the devil's goals.

    That said, Asmodeus definitely would have interest in defeating Deskari because that would make investment in Cheliax kinda pointless :D

  3. #23
    I don't know about other people who like to play evil characters, but I'm sick of saving the world out of self interest being the only choice in most games for evil. It's become a very tired way of dealing with that option. Sure, it might fit with some types of characters, but not all.

    The option I most want is to be like the Great Doge of Venice, drive the crusaders into my debt, then get them to plunder and conquer for my benefit. Maybe once I control everything I'll deal with the demons or cut a deal with them.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Stolen Lands
    Posts
    675
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHappyAngry View Post
    I don't know about other people who like to play evil characters, but I'm sick of saving the world out of self interest being the only choice in most games for evil. It's become a very tired way of dealing with that option. Sure, it might fit with some types of characters, but not all.

    The option I most want is to be like the Great Doge of Venice, drive the crusaders into my debt, then get them to plunder and conquer for my benefit. Maybe once I control everything I'll deal with the demons or cut a deal with them.
    I was thinking more of something like:
    During crusade they will tolerate "me" (thinking of evil PC).
    If I manage to play it through and get something like:
    Worldwound in sealed by a seal where I put my phylactery (if my PC will end up in a lich) so killing me will destroy that seal.
    I make a deal with Hell Knights armour them up and make them as my "police force" who are only ones alloved to use armour + weapons.
    My undead and living pesants will make land "living" again (who would want to move there anyway?) and me + Hellknights will try to hunt down rest of the demons (there will be plenty even after wound is sealed)

    So my country will be build top of the world wound and I will use my magic to rise up everyone who were slayed there during all of thes crusades (if they bones are still there). Plenty to lose but not much to gain for trying to kill me and conquest that land :)
    "Road to the man's heart go through the chest"

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    95
    Well, since the very idea of playing "evil" is ghastly to me and something I cannot relate to, I'm not sure what my take is on all of this discussion. Isn't being the hero the whole point of this type of game? (I'm asking sincerely)

  6. #26
    Senior Member Stratagemini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,094
    Quote Originally Posted by kanisatha View Post
    Well, since the very idea of playing "evil" is ghastly to me and something I cannot relate to, I'm not sure what my take is on all of this discussion. Isn't being the hero the whole point of this type of game? (I'm asking sincerely)
    Hero yes. But you can be an Asshole anti-hero and still save the world.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by HenriHakl View Post
    Asmodeus, and his lawful-evil followers, has a tentative alliance with the forces of good - but is straight-up at war with demons and the forces of chaos in general. I don't see difficulty in justifying (lawful) evil characters acting toward the greater good of Golarion.

    A chaotic-evil character, however, may have a much harder time being justified.
    In this particular case you side with the Crusaders because you want to kill and replace the Demon Lord, the crusaders are just a useful weapon to take what you really want, to become a Demon Lord. This is why I think Demon Lord will be one of the last three mythic paths.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Stratagemini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegaphallic View Post
    In this particular case you side with the Crusaders because you want to kill and replace the Demon Lord, the crusaders are just a useful weapon to take what you really want, to become a Demon Lord. This is why I think Demon Lord will be one of the last three mythic paths.
    We don't know that it'll be limited to 6.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by kanisatha View Post
    Well, since the very idea of playing "evil" is ghastly to me and something I cannot relate to, I'm not sure what my take is on all of this discussion. Isn't being the hero the whole point of this type of game? (I'm asking sincerely)
    As far as I know, evil players on first playthrough are minority overall at least according from statistics from different RPGs (since for most people it feels better to be hero), but apparently surprisingly very vocal minority on this forum ._.

    Like, it does kinda confuse me since I figured out evil playthroughs are what you do after you have played the game the way you are "supposed" to play them. I'm not sure if appeal comes just from liking "Mwhahaah I'm evil" or "lol I'm jerk to everyone" or if its some sort of enjoyment in doing the opposite of thing you are expected to do?

    Like I'd rather not assume its because some players are actually cruel :P
    Last edited by Masky; 12-08-2019 at 04:30 AM.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    421
    I also don't play evil characters but for those who want evil playthrough, I am sure Owlcats will do their best to come up with something delightful like they did in Kingmaker. I mean, you can become a Lich!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •