Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Community Manager Berserkerkitten's Avatar

Introduce your tabletop characters!

Most forums these days have an "introduce yourself" thread, where people talk a little bit about themselves, who they are and what they do, so the community can get to know them a little better. I'd like to put a little twist on that - how about, we introduce our tabletop characters instead and talk a little bit about them, maybe even show a little drawing of them or a hand-painted miniature or other cool stuff that represents them? I'll start with mine.

Yata the chaotic neutral Gnoll Two Weapon Fighter

Yata is a gnoll exile, a bastard's bastard, who has spent most of his youth as a pit fighter. He is covered in scars and over the years he has lost an eye and most of his right ear, but he still has all of his limbs. His experience in the pit has turned him into a capable swordsman, who makes up for what he lacks in finesse through brute strength. He will sell his services to the highest bidder and accepts work as a hired muscle for anyone from lowly criminals to rich nobles, if the price is right.

He's not exactly the brightest star in the sky. I'm using the Hulking Brute alternate racial trait from Advanced Races - Gnolls, so Yata is about as wide as he is tall and he's more likely to follow his gut, his loins or just about any organ other than his brain, resulting in all sorts of trouble for anyone foolish or desperate enough to hire him for their adventuring party. Being located in the UK, I don't really get to play with the other Owlcats over in Moscow, so Yata is part of a little group of freaks and outcasts (such as a kobold, a goblin, a tengu...) and they're all still a bit wet behind the ears. But they say that the Pathfinder Society accepts members from all creeds and backgrounds, so perhaps there is hope for them.

Here's an illustration of Yata (and one of his companions) by Randy Bishop:

Last edited by Berserkerkitten; 07-17-2017 at 12:56 PM.

I'll throw my hat into the ring here and introduce my newest character, created for an online Kingmaker Campaign that started just recently.

Jillona Shadowmind, Half-Elf Investigator and Master of Disguise

Jillona is a half-elf who was born within the Gronzi Forest near Restov. Her father was a ranger who provided the family's food and supplies. Her mother was an alchemist who sold her creations to those who came to their hut as well as in Restov. From a young age, Jillona was taught to hunt as well as make alchemical potions. So, it was no surprise that she came to mix the two in her future. However, there was something she was missing throughout her life and she only realized it on a trip to Restov: the want to be someone other than herself. After that one trip, she became fascinated with disguises and acting as another person. She practiced in secret and she took a 'final test' by going into Restov disguised as a girl half her age. The test was a great success, but she returned home to find it in ruins. She took what she could, mainly her mother's wire hand/arm mesh, her father's crossbow and bolts, and a strange blade remade from a broken blade and with a strange mark on its hilt. Until she received her charter, she had been wandering Brevoy and the Stolen Lands, trying to find work where ever she could (mostly intelligence gathering and infiltration). Now, she works to explore the Greenbelt and find out what the strange mark on the reworked blade's hilt is.

Jillona is an Investigator, a hybrid between rogue and alchemist. Along with that, she took the Infiltrator archetype, giving her Master of Disguise, Voice Mimicry and Mimic Mastery instead of Trapfinding, Poison Lore and Poison Resistance. With high social skills she focuses more on being able to insert herself practically anywhere as anyone instead of pure Knowledge (even though she does try to gain as much knowledge as possible). Her weapons of choice are Light Crossbows and Daggers and she plans on gaining the ability to Study an opponent at range. On her person at all times are extracts to Disguise Self as well as other similar extracts as well as healing. While she has no idea she is going to become a part of a Barony/Kingdom, she was built to become the nation's Spymaster.

Below is a Work in Progress painting I am making myself of her:

Last edited by Miggnor; 07-17-2017 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Attempt to Fix Image Link

Edrill, the Cryokineticist

The last character I made. He was what I posted for an Ironfang Invasion of myth-weavers. Unfortunately, he wasn't taken to be one of the PCs...

Name:Edrill
    Level: 1
    HP: 15
    Race: Human
    Class: Kineticist
    -Blast: Cold
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Party Role: Close/Long Range Attacker, Backup Healer(lv.2)

Traits: Water-Touched, Unbreakable Survivor
    Feats: Point-Blank Shot, Thoughness

Stats
    Str: 13
    Dex: 14
    Con: 18 (racial bonus)
    Int: 14
    Wis: 12
    Cha: 10

Appearance:
    Tall and slim, he doesn't stand out much among other peoples. He has black hair with streaks of white in it and a scar over his right eye, with others on his abdoment and back. With the Elemental Overflow(at level 3), he looks like he has a severe hypothermia; pale white skin and lips, fingers, toes and ears becoming blue.

Personality:
    Edrill is a soft-spoken person, bordering melancholy. He values order and he would rather not go against laws, but he would defy them if they go against what he believes is good, especially if the rules or laws are unjust.

Background:
    Edrill was the eldest son of a farmer, out of five siblings, from a small village. He was the only one who didn't inherited the sorcerous powers from his mother and, so, he was often the target of pranks from his siblings. He grew up wishing he had received the bloodline. What he was lacking in powers, he showed in working hard in helping his father tilling and tending the field.
    In the middle of one night when Edrill was a young teenager, bandits came to his village. They plundered the village, killing all who stood in their way, which they made hard: they went after the villagers. After the screams broke out, his parents hushered him and his siblings to safety, out of the village and in the woods, but they crossed path with some bandits. His parents fought hard for them and even with his mother sorcery she got killed by the last one standing. Then their killer came after him and his siblings, laughing. They all ran the hardest they could. He soon got caught and faintly remember his youngest sister Rayhlel somehow being ahead of him, so he fought too. The bandit gave him his scar on his face, then he plunged his sword in Edrill gut and tripped, so the both fell on the ground. Out of desperation, the young man tried to strangle the bandit and felt an intense chill. From his hands, cold oozed and he froze the man's neck. He remembers the surprise on the man's face and he blacked out.
    When he woke up, Rayhlel weeping beside him. He was weak, barely capable of staying alive. When he was healed enough, he managed to walk to Phaendar, well mostly by leaning on his sister. He soon took a job as a farmhand at one of the local farms, and manage to subsist for himself and his sister.
    Additional Info
    Spoiler:

Reyhlel
    Spoiler:

*The image is unfortunately not mine.
    **If you look at his charisma, you'll might figure it's implicitly said his bloodline manisfested as kineticism as he has no potential as a sorcerer.
    Last edited by ForestDew; 07-18-2017 at 08:14 PM.

Atash was born in Sothis to a sailor from Qadira named Behnam. His mother, Anahita, died in child birth and his father did not have the wealth to resurrect his wife. Behnam blamed the child for Anahita's death, thus Atash found himself scorned and abused by his alcoholic father. When Behnam sailed out to sea, he left the young Atash in the care of the Cult of the Dawnflower. There he was provided a formal education including the ability to read and write. Atash was treated harsher than any other acolyte due to his light fingers and loose view of the truth he learned from his time in the dock side bars. The priests beat him for his transgression, sighting the Dawnflowers' love of the truth. On one occasion they cut out his tongue for his wicked lies, eventually allowing him the right to "earn" it back through service. The same priests would take the money that he filched from the congregation, saying it was the proper tithing owed to them. The loss of Behnam wasn't a shock to the young man when his father's ship went missing and the crew presumed dead. Instead he continued to serve at the temple of Sarenrae, knowing no other mother than the church.

While he was devout, Atash never felt the call of the temple. He thought that the entire clergy was full of corrupt and hypocritical people. Instead, in his formative years, he could be found in the yard; climbing various buildings to get a better vantage to observe and practice the dancing steps of the Dervishes. Their dancing with the blade flashing in the sun quickened his heart. Though he wasn't allowed to practice with the Dervish dancers, he'd sneak out at dusk and practice then. While dancing in the long shadows cast by Sarenrae, he found himself lifted into an ecstatic trance, finding Sarenrae's presence in the flash of the blade, the heat of the desert on his feet. Tending to his duties in the musty interior of the temple, he’d often study old texts detailing what little is known of the Ruins of Tunmen as well as the stories cataloged by Sarenrae’s followers in the sacred texts The Birth of Light and Truth. He learned that Sarenrae was more than the sum of her followers. In the long shadows of day he found his faith. His was a separate path from those others, he vowed to be her vengeance, her anger. He was the shadow hiding from the light of the sun. Deep in his reading he'd find mention of exotic lands and strange discoveries by individuals who also belonged to a group called the Pathfinder Society. He thought there he'd be most able to pursue the calling of his Goddess.

At the age of fifteen, Atash had collected enough money to sail to Absalom to join the fabled Pathfinders Society. After the allotted three years as an initiate he completed the confirmation and joined the exalted ranks of the Pathfinder Society. His time with the pathfinders honed his diplomatic skills as much as it gave him ample opportunity to wet his blade. Temptation often dogged at his steps but thus far, Atash has avoided the pitfalls. He attempts to grant mercy where he can, but his follow through is as harsh as the desert he calls home, his blade burning while it cuts down those who would do injustice. His mercy is a fast clean death in the name of Sarenrae.

Atash's age is on display with a lack of candor, his shock of obsidian hair crowning his young face. His deliberate steps hints at his physical dexterity. Anyone engaging him in conversation can see the mental acuity behind his tawny eyes. His olive skin has tanned in the Golarian sun and his graceful movements are like that of a lean cat hunting the savannahs. To his admirers chagrin, he does not have the charisma to follow through, nor the desire to do so.

He hopes to retire to Monastery of St. Vardishal, where he first found the blade Tempest. There he plans to wait for the call of his Mistress when he will fight by her side.

The artwork is a commission I had made by Carolina Eade on Deviant Art. She is an artist for Pathfinder and can be found here.

That artwork is fantastic, Wraith. Not sure how much the commission cost you, but it was worth it as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks Mat! I wrote up a couple of pages for her on his appearance and then we chatted a few times about the art as well. I pointed out a couple of books Paizo used her art in that attracted me to her style. From there she took it and ran with it. She's a great artist. I pay for commissions from all sorts of people and skill level, this was my first by an artist Paizo used.

I personally am very impressed with and love Berserkerkitten's art from by Randy Bishop. It reminds me of a lot of the 80's/90's Disney animation style. I think it's really awesome.

She's quite good! I actually went to her page to check commission prices but it looks like she hasn't been active for quite some time. Her last journal entry was way back in 2014.

I've commissioned about six artists over at DeviantArt over the years with varying results. I like supporting art when I get the chance. Was hoping to get a custom portrait for my first Kingmaker character but the artist I last used didn't do a particularly good job on my Paladin of Shelyn (he looks way too effeminate for my liking)

Do you have any recommendations for artists with styles similar to the art we've seen so far for Kingmaker portraits?

http://janaschi.deviantart.com/art/Z...ssion-90172094

http://yamaorce.deviantart.com/art/B...comm-343786248

http://willobrien.deviantart.com/art...rter-669684955
    http://willobrienart.daportfolio.com/about/

http://damie-m.deviantart.com/art/Bl...nder-689399761

Not sure how many of them are still taking commissions. Also, please note, I only posted Atash's commission because she made it publicly accessible her self. Otherwise I don't post commissioned art.

Awesome. Thanks so much! :)

Community Manager Berserkerkitten's Avatar
    Man, Atash's character art looks absolutely stunning! I love his story, as well!

I personally am very impressed with and love Berserkerkitten's art from by Randy Bishop. It reminds me of a lot of the 80's/90's Disney animation style. I think it's really awesome.
    Yeah, I'd watch a cartoon with these guys! :D Randy takes commissions and he's worked on quite a few awesome-looking tabletop characters. I really like these guys here (D&D, though, not Pathfinder), also drawn by him:

Anyone interested in his work or wanting to get in touch with him can reach him here: https://www.randybishopart.com/
    Ye cannae touch this! - Clan McHammer

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast