Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can't finish Deal with the Devil

I am up to the part where I need to wait for the letter that Linzi gives me, however there is no event to finish it. I am well past that chapter and I'm afraid I'm losing stats with no way of finishing that quest. Does anyone have an idea of something I missed?

Have you run into Darven in your capital ?

Yes, I've done the whole quest line. I've talked to Darven, gone to the secluded lodge, and killed the Hellknights. I've already thought about what class I want to play when I start over because of this...

I've done all that, the quest is not finished, but I don't have Kingdom problems anymore, weird...
    Last edited by Umsche; 11-21-2018 at 01:54 PM.

There is a half decent chance that you just need to keep playing. Darven is busy making his own kingdom. That takes time. I finished this quest line eventually, when he came around again to visit in the throne room and establish relations; I think in the deep south he had a town then.

Quote Originally Posted by thechef08 View Post
    Yes, I've done the whole quest line. I've talked to Darven, gone to the secluded lodge, and killed the Hellknights. I've already thought about what class I want to play when I start over because of this...
    That's not the end of the story.
    Did you talk to Darven after you were done with the fight?

I talked to Darven after the fight. I forget what he said, but he dimension doored away or something. At first I didn't think my kingdom was taking any negative effects because there was nothing popping up that said I was losing stats. However, every week my community goes down by 10 and nothing else is going wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by thechef08 View Post
    I talked to Darven after the fight. I forget what he said, but he dimension doored away or something. At first I didn't think my kingdom was taking any negative effects because there was nothing popping up that said I was losing stats. However, every week my community goes down by 10 and nothing else is going wrong.
    Yeah, there should still be an Event Card about Linxia causing trouble.
    If you talked to him after the fight, you should be on the right track; you could revisit the Lodge and see if there's anything else you missed?
    He should eventually reveal a spot on the map for you to visit. Once you visit there, the Events should clear up completely.

I remember an event that had to do with that and Iím pretty sure I finished it. I will check the lodge again and see if there is any spot on the map I havenít been to yet. Other than that, I may try to see if thereís a save before all of this I can go back to even though itís a couple chapters ago.

IIRC, his kindgom / finish location was in the southern Kamelands (SE of Candlemere). I also have the quest lingering right now, as I went to the Secluded lodge to "meet" Linxia (For my Lawful Evil kindgom..) and he showed up and tried to kill her. Both Linzia and Darven escaped (and I murdered a bunch of HellKnights).

Since then, not a peep out of either groups, and no negative events on my kingdom (at least 3-4 months have passed), but the quest still shows in my journal.

Sounds like you may have a bug where a lingering piece of the early quest "Linxia terrorizing your people" keeps going, even though it shouldn't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast