Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Future Adventure Paths?

Provided that the Kingmaker project is as successful as we all hope it will be, what would people be interested in seeing as follow-on games? The framework would already be there, it would require more in the way of writing, character modeling, etc.

For myself, Skull and Shackles would seem to offer some of the open-world exploration that Kingmaker does. The pirate campaign would have a completely different feel to it, and you'd have a chance to fix the broken ship-vs-ship rules that the current AP uses.

I would love to see the Wrath of the Righteous done in a more open-world format, running around the Worldwound wastes.

Hell's Rebels is enjoyable and would be (mostly) limited to a single city, which could then have a lot of work done on world-building Kintargo. Is a city large enough to count as an open-world environment? Is open-world a pre-requisite to be considered for a sequel?

What are you guys thoughts?

Legacy of Fire
    Carrion Crown
    Reign of Winter
    Ironfang Invasion
    [I]Vivat Grendel![/I]

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc1911 View Post
    For myself, Skull and Shackles would seem to offer some of the open-world exploration that Kingmaker does. The pirate campaign would have a completely different feel to it, and you'd have a chance to fix the broken ship-vs-ship rules that the current AP uses.
    Skull and Shackles=Pillars of Eternity2:Deadfire
    ------------

Pathfinder:War for the Crown the best

Maybe create a Lost Coast campaign from the first parts of Rise of the Runelords, Second Darkness, Jade Regent, and Shattered Star. Primarily focus the story off of Shattered Star, but work the other starting points in early, allowing you to expand into the other adventure paths as they are released.

Start out with books 1 and 2 of RotRL, but incorporate the necessary parts of book one of SS. Maybe move a few shards around, or put neccesary clues to finding them in places like Brinewall, also leading to the discovery of A.K.'s destiny, and so on.

Custom low-level exploration of the region incorporating all the low and mid level parts in an interconnected arc culminating in the end result of Shattered Star.

Then hit Rise of the Runelords, and then maybe tackle Second Darkness or use the next book of Jade Regent to expand into the Linnorm Kingdoms. Or Giantslayer to move east. And you could always throw in a few modules, adventure seeds from the campaign books, or Curse of the Crimson Throne.

Rework the classic Conquest of Bloodsworn Vale into a longer explore and settle the region mini-campaign. Which could then break open the door for the Ironfang Invasion.

Then maybe Cheliax?

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc1911 View Post
    Skull and Shackles would be my top choice. I'd literally throw money at Owlcat for that AP.

I would love to see Rise of the Runelords just because it's so iconic and it's what first hooked me on Paizo as a company, long before the PFRPG was even a thing. Other campaigns that I'd love to see:

Jade Regent: give a reason to include the Ninja and Samurai classes, as well as adding a nice oriental theme.
    Carrion Crown: could they bring the wonderfully creepy atmosphere into a CRPG format?
    Legacy of Fire: if they don't make it in this game, the dervish and similarly themed archetypes could make a debut here. Plus giving us an Arabian Nights theme.
    Skull and Shackles: for the reasons already stated

I'm a big fan of Curse of the Crimson Throne and would love to see the anniversary edition as a CRPG. It would also make a great setting to introduce occult classes, as it opens with a Harrowing seance.

I'd love to see Curse of the Crimson Throne. That's #1 on my list. Huge city sandbox, plus giant mega dungeon, plus royal intrigue? and a Plague? I love it.

After that (and in no particular order)?
    Reign of Winter provides a pretty cool set of large sandboxes in the form of multiple planets and lets you kill Rasputin.

Strange Aeons has a cool vibe to it that sort of reminds me of Planescape Torment with the focus on chasing who you were and regaining your identity.

Rise of the Runelords has a REALLY epic story and setting that is pretty gosh darn fun, but needs a fair bit of fleshing out of Magnimar, Sandpoint, Turtleback Ferry, and Xin-Shalast. But I'd love a Post AP chapter where you get to fight another Runelord.

I'd love a Jade Regent game. There hasn't really been anything like it setting-wise since Bioware's Jade Empire, and it has a pit of court intrigue and a cool setting.

Wrath of the Righteous is absolutely Amazing and I'd love the Mythic rules and epic scope of invading the Abyss and killing a Demon Lord. Especially since a lot of the Worldwound is pretty well fleshed out and defined in supplemental materials.

Hell's Rebels and Ironfang Invasion seem fun, but I'd like Hell's Rebels to ship with Hell's Vengeance as a double pack if possible, and Iron Fang Invasion felt a lot like Kingmaker when I read it.

I don't care about Open-World so much as I care about the idea that I have sandbox-like freedom. Even this game isn't actually open-world, it's just a lot more free than usual.

P.S.: To Alexander Mishulin: What I've seen of War for the Crown does seem promising, but I have to reserve judgement on if I'd actually want to play it until after I actually get to read and (possibly) run it.

Rise of the Runelords
    Curse of the Crimson Throne
    Mummy's Mask
    Ironfang Invasion
    Legacy of Fire

Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    Plus giving us an Arabian Nights theme.
    Mr. Saddam not here...

Quote Originally Posted by Stratagemini View Post
    P.S.: To Alexander Mishulin: What I've seen of War for the Crown does seem promising, but I have to reserve judgement on if I'd actually want to play it until after I actually get to read and (possibly) run it.
    Wow!
    Can you link this?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast