Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I second most of what Stratagemini said... except for Wrath of the Righteous. One of the very few APs I actually disliked - and not even because of the Mythic rules but because it was focused a lot around NPCs who I found to be uninspired and unrelatable, and also because of the locust/insect theme of the demons, which caused an idiosyncrasy - I didn't envision a group of mythic righteous heroes as glorified pest control!

In my list, WotR would be replaced with Iron Gods. It would totally give Tides of Numenera a run for its money.

I ran the Iron Gods campaign and my group had a lot of fun with it. The high tech weapons are pretty interesting if expensive, and sort of hard to build PCs around, but the NPCs certainly got a lot of use out of them. :) I'd totally second this.

Although I will add just for discussion sake that the final adventure in the path was sort of hard for my players to justify working the way it did. With an AI in control of the environment you would think it would be able to kill the PCs in any number of ways. We also in retrospect had the same problem with the Arcology adventure in Shadowrun a few years ago if anyone here knows what I am talking about. These adventures could use some justification for why the AIs just don't win when you are in their domain.
    Last edited by Darksavant; 07-20-2017 at 11:18 PM.

While Rise of the Runelords is not my favorite AP, it certainly would have a lot of re-usable content for further games, with all the Varisia-set AP goodness. I like the idea of the devs being able to reuse some assets, and not have to build every game from the bottom up.

Ditto the various Chelish APs (Council of Thieves, Hell's Rebels, Hell's Vengeance).

Others I'd like, like Carrion Crown, Skull & Shackles, Mummy's Mask or Iron Gods, are more visually unique.

If the Ironfang Invasion is made, I just want the Kineticist to be in, so I can remake this character I had made exactly for that AP.
    https://owlcatgames.com/forums/showt...full=1#post247

Quote Originally Posted by Set View Post
    While Rise of the Runelords is not my favorite AP, it certainly would have a lot of re-usable content for further games, with all the Varisia-set AP goodness. I like the idea of the devs being able to reuse some assets, and not have to build every game from the bottom up.

Ditto the various Chelish APs (Council of Thieves, Hell's Rebels, Hell's Vengeance).

Others I'd like, like Carrion Crown, Skull & Shackles, Mummy's Mask or Iron Gods, are more visually unique.
    I like your reasoning. Simplifying the resources and re-using stuff would allow for more thought and effort going into writing instead.

I'll throw out another possibility. With how closely Paizo seems to be working with the project, releasing a brand-new Adventure Path through a CRPG and following up with the standard written format would also be really neat.

I'd love to see Second Darkness, especially as that's an AP where the designers had a lot of fiddle-room to improve on it. Apart from that, Curse of the Crimson Throne and Carrion Crown. Then anything else.

Kinda like the idea of making an original story AP. There are enough stories to tell so that they don't need to rehash older APs.

Greetings!

1. Rise of the Runelords. Charming, various, oldschool AP.
    2. Strange Aeons because of lovecraftian atmosphere.
    3. Legacy of Fire because of Near East flavour.

Sincerely yours, Dargot.

War for the Crown

I agree that we'd have to wait and see what the actual AP is like; but it sounds super promising. I tentatively add my vote for that.

Additionally I'd like to see:

Jade Regent - the eastern lands AP

Wrath of the Righteous - the overpowered AP

Iron Gods - a "fantasy-tech" crossover AP

Hell's Rebels - a great city AP

Strange Aeons - the Cthullu AP

War for the Crown seems like its designed to showcase the Intrigue rules. Generally speaking, I'm not as clever and personable as I like to pretend I am. Perhaps this would work better as a CRPG with clever writers coming up with ways to make the PC's look better, but as a tabletop game I'll probably pass.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast