Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I'd like a Jade Regent game provided they rewrite it significantly. The spotlight should always be on the player(s) and the main hook in that AP is that one of the NPCs is the most-important person in the adventure path. That's a massive narrative mistake that would need to be remedied for me to get on board with a Jade Regent game.

I think it would make more sense for the main character to take on that role, especially in a single player crpg. The NPCs could still be along for the ride, but it should be the PC's journey with the NPCs along for the ride, not the other way around imo.

Curse of the Crimson Throne
    Rise of the Runelords
    Skull and Shackles
    Reign of Winter would be cool to.
    Last edited by Childofrock; 07-21-2017 at 04:33 PM.

Agreed with most of you with the following:

Hell's Rebels/Vengeance as a single AP
    Skulls and Shackles

And I'll add Council of Thieves to the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Morlak View Post
    Agreed with most of you with the following:

Hell's Rebels/Vengeance as a single AP
    Skulls and Shackles

And I'll add Council of Thieves to the mix.
    Council of Thieves has that Amazing MC Escher Dungeon. That would be super sweet to explore. Also the murder Opera would make a fantastic book event.

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc1911 View Post
    Provided that the Kingmaker project is as successful as we all hope it will be, what would people be interested in seeing as follow-on games? The framework would already be there, it would require more in the way of writing, character modeling, etc.
    While not a Pathfinder specific setting, it's sometimes known as the first Paizo Adventure Path, the Age of Worms would be amazing.

Legacy of Fire would also be really cool.

I'm not really interested in either Skull and Shackles (could care less about pirates), and iffy on Wrath of the Righteous. In most cases, I would really suggest avoiding APs that are heavily built around a theme, such as Skull and Shackles or Iron Gods as it may cut out a lot of people who are not really interested in that theme. I could be wrong, but I doubt I would buy this game if it where based on Iron Gods, and it would be very iffy for Skull and Shackles, depending on how much regular gaming I could get out of it.

If they did Wrath of the Righteous, I think, again speaking for myself, it would really depend on if they cut out all (or most) the mythic content, which I'm sure would ruin it for some folks.

Reign of Winter might be cool, but I think I'd rather play Shattered Star. Carrion Crown moreso. Giantslay might be the closest thing to what I imagine this Kingmaker game might turn out like.

I can see how many people might not like themed settings but Skulls and Shackles if properly set up could be really open world in a way most Aps could not.Im not a fan of Assasins creed but the black flag one was a lot of fun once you had a pirate ship.But if owlcats does the pirates please dont make almost every NPC woman have red hair and for the love of any god please rename Mr Plugg.(my players thought this was almost gamebreakingly funny).

Personally, I'd like a Skull & Shackles game to do more with Isabella 'Inkskin' Locke. They put her on the cover of one of the books and then use her for one fight with a hand-waived 'then she dies' thing at the end.

I agree that there isn't much design difference between Sandara Quinn and Tessa Fairwind.

The underwater scenes might be pretty hard to do, at least do well. You could always hand-waive the swimming and elevation away and just cost the party a number of potions or spell-slots to explore an area I suppose.

I'm not sure how many AP's offer Dinosaurs, but I know Skull & Shackles does, which is a point in its favor!

Wrath of the Righteous be a great Adventure Path to do, think of it being Pathfinder's version of Baldur's Gate 2 and the Throne of Bhaal. A high level campaign that offers mythic levels for epic characters and powers. Plus the adventure itself it grand, being a true save the world since the events of the Wrath have massive effects to it. There are tons of established characters in the campaign that can easily be companions and the war aspect offers a semi-kingdom management, yet having a deeper focus on armies and resources. However I feel this maybe a game should wait a while considering how complex it be.

Rise of the Runelords is a classic adventure, yet I think it maybe a bit linear for most people. Still it be a nice simpler game for the developers to work on and refine or expand how the game system works.

Serpent Skull is a good middle ground adventure, having a mix of open world exploration yet a set goal like Runelords. It also focuses on a faction war considering between the Aspis Consortium and the Pathfinders along with other groups. Plus it involves an exotic environment that be appealing for ranger and druid classes...after all who doesn't want a dinosaur as an animal companion?

Carrion Crown is an adventure I'm running currently and I feel should be an adventure that focuses on horror and corruption themes. Putting characters in stressful situations along with making difficult choices is what makes this adventure so appealing. Plus much of the adventure focuses on a good amount of puzzle solving and mystery.

Lastly, Jade Regent be a great choice as well. The setting to Tien would be perfect to introduce the Samurai and Ninja classes along with new races like the Kitsune and Tengu. Also the game has a colorful cast of side characters who'd make great companions such as Ameiko Kaijitsu who plays a role in Runelords yet is really the main focus in Jade Regent. She'd be an interesting twist for the adventure, since really the player character is more of her companion, trying to help her claim her birthright in Tien be it for personal gain or interests. However I feel a Runelords game would be needed to help establish Ameiko and the start at Sandpoint.

Really I could list every Adventure Path, yet these I feel offer the best choices. Out of them all those Jade Regent and Wrath of the Righteous would be grand games to work on!

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeCross View Post
    Lastly, Jade Regent be a great choice as well. The setting to Tien would be perfect to introduce the Samurai and Ninja classes along with new races like the Kitsune and Tengu. Also the game has a colorful cast of side characters who'd make great companions such as Ameiko Kaijitsu who plays a role in Runelords yet is really the main focus in Jade Regent. She'd be an interesting twist for the adventure, since really the player character is more of her companion, trying to help her claim her birthright in Tien be it for personal gain or interests. However I feel a Runelords game would be needed to help establish Ameiko and the start at Sandpoint.
    Jade Regent has four 'Companions' already baked in, with the four caravan peeps (Ameiko, What's his name the Varisian, the elf ranger and the old Desnan cleric lady), as well as an interesting potential to make use of the caravan mechanic. The one time I played it, the Crown of the World kind of killed the momentum... 'Dear diary. I now know why the natives have forty words for snow, and all live on the coast where they can fish. There's nothing else up here *but* snow, and nothing to eat or reason to journey inland, because no plants means no animals means no people means no loot and no exp... Note to self: Next time, take a boat." :)

Skull and Shackles is another one that has some built in Companions, with the five fellow shipwreck survivors in the first adventure (ranger 2, rogue 2, bard 2, fighter 2 and cleric 2, IIRC). Fleet building stuff in the later arcs can also provide a neat side-game (like kingdom-building in Kingmaker, or caravan-running in Jade Regent). It's cool to have more than one thing going on, other than just 'kill mobs, get loots,' whether it be kingdom building or fleet management or completing missions and tasks to unlock rebellion achievements or resources or faction alliances or whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat View Post
    I'd like a Jade Regent game provided they rewrite it significantly. The spotlight should always be on the player(s) and the main hook in that AP is that one of the NPCs is the most-important person in the adventure path. That's a massive narrative mistake that would need to be remedied for me to get on board with a Jade Regent game.
    hmmmm, I daresay that is a selfish or Western mindset about the narrative role of the protagonists.

Consider Kingmaker played in real-life. You and your friends are playing. Only one of you is the Baron or the Baroness. The rest are a form of supportive cast just to bring greater glory to the "main" player. Clearly Kingmaker should be re-written so that this narrative mistake does not occur.

Perhaps... perhaps it would work if one of the companions in Kingmaker, a companion chosen to be dear and popular, is the Baron or Baroness instead and the party forms around him/her - so nobody feels overshadowed by the "main" player.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast