Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    I am a bit ignorant to many APs as I like to remain spoiler free, so I can only comment on the APs I have read, ran, or played in:
    Rise of the Runelords, Council of Thieves, Kingmaker, Carrion Crown, Skull and Shackles, Wrath of the Righteous, and Hell's Rebels.

I think it's incredibly important to have the Sandbox feel. Games like this are not meant to be played in a linear fashion. You can look at Icewind Dale as an example of why. Sadly, there are plenty of Linear Adventure Paths (like Rise of the Runelords, Carrion Crown, and Wrath of the Righteous) that wouldn't work.

That said, I would love to see Skull and Shackles and Hell's Rebels. (in that order.)

The adventure paths I would like to see are as follows:
    Jade Regent, Mummy's mask, Curse of the Crimson throne, Skull & Shackles, and Giant Slayer. I am currently running kingmaker once a month for my friends. We are on book 3, The Varnhold Vanishing. My friends wife is running The Mummy's Mask for us. We have gotten through Book one of that so far.

I look forward to seeing the finished kingmaker.

One of the reasons im so sad about the no mod support thing, was because my dream was that this be the framework adding more aps, which would essentially be modules for use in the main engine, and allow the devs to add new classes and such easily. It could even allow people to make third party content, like adding in kobold press or dream scarred press stuff.

Anyway, i would really like to see Wrath of the righteous, rise of the runelords, hell's vengeance, jade regeant, and skulls and shackles as games.
    Last edited by OmniusMagnari; 07-27-2017 at 04:47 AM.

Reported. Man, its not even readable. Good job, spam-bot!

For me Jade Regent would be the logical next step after Kingmaker.
    - You've already got a lot of NPCs who'd make good companions
    - The caravan mechanics could be sort of a "camping mode" going further
    - You get a lot of Golarion Lore and flavours since you are travelling several regions, making use of the worldmap (sidequests near the forced path)
    - Once you journeyed to Minkai, you could easily include the kingdom mechanics from kingmaker as well to build your state/rebellion
    - The Endgame, after you chopped the Jade Regent's head of, might be just like kingmaker: exploring your new kingdom and getting up to Level 20
    - More awesome classes, Archetypes and items to include thanks to the asian/viking/arctic/vasirian setting

Yes, Ameiko Kaijitsu is kind of the focus in the books as they're written but also it says in the very beginning that maybe the players want to use the four major NPCs as their own Player Characters or their character could be a sibling of Ameiko and therefore equally a rightfull heir to the throne. It even says, if for some reason Ameiko didn't survive your Rise of the Runelords campaign or she dies on the way, the Jade seal chooses one of the PCs as the heir on the Jade Throne.

I'm going to run Jade regent as a 1 on 1 Campaign for a friend soon and I did exactly what owlcat should do with Jade Regent if they'll ever make it a single player game: Make the player Ameiko's elder sibling so he is the heir on the Jade Throne and needs to run for his life before the oni catch up with him. Also, make Tsuto an awesome NPC companion who may or may not seek redemption after fuddling up real bad before, for his love of his sister Ameiko. I'm going tostart the campaign like Rise of the Runelords and let the PC help Lonjiku to ambush Tsuto, just to be ambushed by that sneaky bastard (literally). And once he joins the party there will be a whole "kill him or adopt him" scene with Ameiko wanting to safe what's left of her family. Awesome, don't you think?

I'd love to see a Jade Regent game like that next!

Also, I've haven't read into it but Skulls and Shackles seems to be another good idea for the freedom of movement in the campaign that it promises. I see a lot of work coming to make a programming for naval battle, swimming and all that stuff, but I'm confident that the owlcats are able of anything they'd like to create.

But I mean, there's no guarantee that owlcat is ever turning an AP into a videogame again. They might as well write their own campaign to publish a new Pathfinder game. Adventures in Vudra or something like that...
    Last edited by Ben_Stormrider; 08-26-2017 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat View Post
    Skull and Shackles would be my top choice. I'd literally throw money at Owlcat for that AP.
    two thumps up for that idea!

Iron Gods (Hopefully)
    Jade Regent
    Wrath of the Righteous
    Hell's Vengeance
    Council of Thieves

My choices would be (in this order) :

Jade Regent
    Mummy's Mask
    Iron Gods
    Hell's Vengeance
    Strange Eon's

On the other end of the spectrum, what I really don't wan't to play are Wrath of the Righteous and Skulls & Shackles, and I definitely wouldn't back these two on KS. But since I really like Pathfinder I may end up buying them when they are released.

I'll add Council of Thieves to the mix.

First post ever on the forums but here are my top 3 APs that should be made into CRPGs:

1) Jade Regent - Large cast of NPCs, varied locations and a no-doubt epic storyline as well as perhaps getting the game out of the typical "western" areas. One of if not my personal favorite APs.

2) Second Darkness - It may be a tad cliché to go off fighting drow nowadays but this AP needs more love (and refinement). And come on, being able t traipse around in Zirnakaynin would be awesome!

3) Rise of the Runelords - The one that started it all! Hillbilly ogres, dragons, ancient evils. Need I say more?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast