Vendor Trash (Bulk Selling)

Hi everyone,

I just read the latest update (#36), and one of the things mentioned was the fact that Owlcat is considering a feature for bulk selling. I have a suggestion, and this should probably go in the Dev Forum, but as that forum is not ready yet, I figured I'd put it here for now while its still fresh in my mind. As mentioned in the update, determining which items should be eligible for bulk selling is problematic as it can often be situational. I am willing to guess that, like me, many players that obtain new loot look through the stats/effects of said equipment right after obtaining it. Some things we immediately equip/use, some we decide to keep but don't immediately use, and some we immediately plan to sell as vendor trash (you don't have to call it that, I just use that term because its a good descriptor). We then close down the menu, find a merchant and then have to re-identify which equipment we were planning on getting rid of. A lot of mucking about, hence the need for a bulk-sell option.

My suggestion is this: assuming people look at their equipment when they first obtain it anyways, why not have a checkbox we can click that creates an attribute associated with the item marking it as vendor trash? When we find a merchant, there can be a button we can click that immediately moves all items marked as vendor trash to the trade interface.

Taking it a step further, an interface that allows us to semi-permanently mark all items of a certain type as vendor trash, I can automate some of my loot sorting responsibilities. If I'm running a party of 4, and have further need of non-magical chainmail vests, let me mark all items with the associated equipment ID as vendor trash (assuming that equipment in Kingmaker wont have individual metadata). Now I don't need to look at/mark each individual set of chainmail because the game knows I have no more need of such suits. Or if I never plan on running a particular class and don't care about class-related equipment for that class, I can simply autosort such items into my vendor trash. If down the line I trade out for a new party member that needs something previously marked as trash, I can either manually unmark the specific equipment I want to keep, or else turn off the auto-trash feature for those equipment IDs that were previously being auto-sorted as trash.

Comments or critiques?

I think I've seen this feature in other games. Maybe just an option to "mark as loot." Then when you get to a merchant a "sell all loot" option. Some categories, like precious jewels, can automatically be considered loot.

Community Manager Berserkerkitten's Avatar
    Yeah, most RPGs these days have a "mark as junk" function nowadays, I think. I've seen this suggestion in the comments section of the update, as well. Don't worry, the devs are taking notes.
    Ye cannae touch this! - Clan McHammer

Awesome, thanks!

I'd really want the Items sold by me to stack in the Merchant's inventory, so taht I don't need to worry about huge amounts of scrolling through vendor trash to find the awesome Item I accidentally sold.