Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Community Manager Berserkerkitten's Avatar

We use a combination of pre-painted mini's from Pathfinder and D&D minis as well as custom figurines for PC's from Heroforge

I personally also like little fancy things like Dice Vaults and Box of Holding. I also collect fun dice including most of the pathfinder line of dice from Q-workshop as well as Shapeways to print custom dice when I want a particular set.

We tend to use Paizo flip mats and Lazzaretti when we can find his maps for sale. Otherwise we print up the maps from the PDF and then use a plotter to create a full size map. If I can't access a plotter I use Posterazor to print up and tape together the maps.

I use Hero Lab when I'm a player and RPG Books when I GM, both on the iPad.

I tend to wait until an entire AP is out so I have access to all the books before I run, then pick up as many supplementary books to ensure that I have a full view of the region of the world it takes place in. When I'm in the players seat I do the same with supplements and try to write up a two page minimum back story.
    Last edited by Wraith; 07-22-2017 at 03:20 PM.
    [I]Vivat Grendel![/I]

Quote Originally Posted by Stratagemini View Post
    ...general awesomeness...
    This is what I'll do when I have money.
    And a house.
    And my priorities set straight.
    "Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Yeah. I'm super pleased with how it turned out. It's their table, but they built it for me to use. And also as a cat toy (apparently cats chase mouse cursors too).

Currently, I only have an online game (Curse of the Crimson Throne). We use Skype for voice chat, google docs maps (you can copy and paste most of the maps from the PDFs), and a website called Rolz for dice rolling. It can be kind of clunky at times, but it works for us.

The most we use, since we rotate gms, is hero lab. Everything else me and the other gms/players use depends on the game we are playing. We have one Gm who runs our Masquarade game and uses his notebook for pictures and things, but otherwise its purely about story and what you think it looks like. We are about as low tech as you can get now-a-days, which i like. Even though I do want to get one of those nice tv in table things for the maps.
    I am Groot

Quote Originally Posted by fatmanspencer View Post
    We are about as low tech as you can get now-a-days, which i like. Even though I do want to get one of those nice tv in table things for the maps.
    I recommend it highly. The whole thing was actually pretty cheap to build since the TV was being sold at a stoop sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    We use a combination of pre-painted mini's from Pathfinder and D&D minis as well as custom figurines for PC's from Heroforge
    I mostly use the AP specific cut-outs and stands for my minis. But, I use a few Reaper Bones and Whizkids minis, mostly as place holders here and there. My players all custom designed their minis from some sort of online 3D printing service, which is cool, but impractical for me as a GM cost-wise.

I personally also like little fancy things like Dice Vaults and Box of Holding. I also collect fun dice including most of the pathfinder line of dice from Q-workshop as well as Shapeways to print custom dice when I want a particular set.
    I personally collect dice (especially metal and stone dice) and have a Third Die Dice Bag to keep them in. Beyond that (and my GM Screen) the only really neat special thing I have is that I backed this on Kickstarter. It hasn't arrived yet, but it's a cool idea.

We tend to use Paizo flip mats and Lazzaretti when we can find his maps for sale.
    I used to use a Blank Flip Map and then later on an Extra Large Flip Map before my players built the Table. I'm convinced that the reason the table was created was so that they wouldn't have to draw any more maps on the flip mat. Everyone won in this that exchange. I won like, 37 times, and they one once or twice, but still, everyone won!

I tend to wait until an entire AP is out so I have access to all the books before I run, then pick up as many supplementary books to ensure that I have a full view of the region of the world it takes place in. When I'm in the players seat I do the same with supplements and try to write up a two page minimum back story.
    I also wait until an entire AP is out (thank's to Serpents' Skull) but I won't go out specifically and buy supplemental books if I don't already have them. If I don't know something about the region, I'll make it up; which is why the main entertainment in Kintargo after Opera is flaming sword juggling and the standard load-out for duels of honor is Warhammers filled with gun-powder at dawn. Also, there are dinosaurs in the forest. They're an Invasive species from Garund (usually brought over in the form of released pets from wealthy tourists who should know better), and periodically the city organizes Dinosaur hunts to keep the population down. Now I know that technically it's incredibly unlikely that any of those are canonically true about Cheliax, but I'm not going to buy a $20 book that will just shatter my dreams.
    Last edited by Stratagemini; 07-24-2017 at 03:43 PM.

Roll20.net lol

Quote Originally Posted by Stratagemini View Post
    the standard load-out for duels of honor is Warhammers filled with gun-powder at dawn.
    Totally going to have to steal this.

roll20 and discord. I love roll20 and its ability for me to make a bunch of characters so i can change who i speak as.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast