Alchemist - Spells? not extracts?

In the alpha, an alchemist character cast spells like other spellcasting classes do.
    but isn't that the alchemist class can use their spell-like effect by using the extracts?
    I'm little bit worried that the alchemists' unique characteristics are missing in the released version
    just want to know that this thing is only in the alpha.

Well, I don't have alpha access (insert sad panda emoji), but I have DM'ed many games with Alchemist PCs and it is my understanding that extracts work pretty much like spells that you cast on yourself. How do they work on the alpha?

Well, the system itself is pretty accurate. Alchemists' spells only affect themselves (you can check it on other alpha playing video).
    What I want are just different casting animation(it is same with casting spells now), different UI(not the spellbook).
    I think this is very minor and the least important feature to be added in this game right now, so maybe that is the reason why
    the alpha testing doesn't implement these features.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleCat View Post
    What I want are just different casting animation(it is same with casting spells now)
    Oh, that's weird. Wouldn't it be relatively simple to just use the potion drinking animation instead of the spell casting animation? Disclamer: I know NOTHING about programming

Alchemists have books too. Formula books instead of spellbooks, but still books. That interface isn't likely to change.

Well I think just word changing is okay, memorized spells -> prepared formulae or extracts or something

Infusions are going to be interesting to manage.